Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Bad wreck

  1. #31
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad wreck

    Again, hopefully it all turns out ok and there was reasons for the accident (medical). It just seems that year in/year out, we have a talented kid or more than one either hurt or worse due to carelessness.

    Something that is forgotten, a Virginia law

    Other: Permit holders and licensees under age 18 cannot drive from midnight until 4 am unless accompanied by parent, guardian, or parent-approved adult, or are going to or from a school activity or place of employment. Licensees under age 18 are restricted in the number of under 18 passengers they can carry. 16 yr old drivers may carry 1 passenger under 18. 17 yr olds my carry 3 passengers under 18. Learner ' s permit holders cannot carry more than one passenger under age 18. Driver-ed is required for license applicants under age 18.

    How many times have we seen a car load of kids, or ones who just get their licence with a car load full?

    Maybe the law needs to be tweaked. I'll speak for myself. When I first started driving, I know I drove one way when it was just me, but when I had friends in the car, I was concentrating a lot less.

    I'm not downing anybody on this, I just wish we didn't have incidents like this.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #32
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Bad wreck

    That is the law and could very well help save lives, but it won`t unless it is enforced. Which I don`t know if I've ever heard of this law being enforced [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

  3. #33
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad wreck

    I don't think I have ever heard of it being enforced either. I actually wasn't even sure it was still a law until I looked it up.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad wreck

    Actually, I have seen it enforced in Dickenson County, just ask the girls who play softball about it when they are on their way to practice ball in Clinchco.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member LPD_raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2004
    Posts
    358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad wreck

    During practice today, Coach Adams gave us some news. The doctors were able to get all of the fluid out of his lungs, and were proceeding to take rickie off of the medication. With this happening they was lookin for two things, for him to have the little mini seizures with means he's responding to be taken off of it, and for him to respond to the people around him. The next couple of days, after practice 5 or 6 of us are going to be driving down there to spend an hour or 2 with him talking about football and other such things. Still not out of the woods, but defiantly signs of vast improvement. Please people keep him in your prayers, in a serious time of need.

  6. #36
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad wreck

    Good news. Hopefully he'll be recovered in record time.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_stickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2004
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad wreck

    he's a strong kid and a fighter....he's comin off of the machines tomorrow...and is supposed to be awake for the first time since the accident..

  8. #38
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad wreck

    There's an article about it in today's Coalfield (online version too).
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #39
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Bad wreck

    I don't know the kid that well, but I wish him the best of luck! My prayers are out to him and his family....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •